The !@#$% 405

 Last week, as Trish and I returned from family business in Virginia, we had the luck (?) to drive through Kansas City, Denver, and St. Louis at rush hour.  Making our way around those cities' versions of "The 405," I thought about the traffic in LA that so many of you endure on a daily basis. 

I've often said since my arrival at WLAC that the traffic has been my biggest adjustment, for my previous home in Montana boasted a population of a little more than 6,000 people--and four stoplights.  As a result, I have a great respect for the distances that so many of you drive to get to WLAC, with the amount of time spent in your car or on public transportation reaching, for some of you, up to four or more daily.  In effect, your days are segmented into three very distinct lives:  your life as an educator or student, your life with your family or in pursuit of avocational interests--and your life on LA's freeways.

With this tripartite existence in mind, I have a request in the form of a question.  What kind of services, programs, or support can the college provide you to make your time at West--be it in your office, the classroom, or as a student--more enjoyable?  Feel free to send me an email at limbaujm@wlac.edu with your suggestions.

Thanks.